Friday, October 7, 2011

Thought Provoking...What I Know for Certain

I've been reading the October Oprah Magazine (Rosie O'Donnell sharing cover issue). My favorite article in the entire magazine is always in the very back of the magazine. It's the article that Oprah does regarding what she knows for certain. This month I found especially inspiring:

"If you watch the news and the images it bombards us with-politicians running amok, despair, all-around craziness-you might think there's nothing you can do to make this world better.
I know that's not true. The world is a reflection of our collective consciousness. When a concerted mass of us start thinking differently, we will start to see change.
It begins with your own awakening, your own desire for a life that's not just lived on the surface but is rich an deep and high and wide. For sure, that's how I want to live. So I'm going to keep learning until I take my last breath."

I felt moved by this message this week, too:

‎"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as crazy, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Steve Jobs

I find their messages extremely thought provoking, almost eerie. Both certainly giants in their own right. One writing with so much to share today while the other continued imparting wisdom during his departure, true legacy.

That's how I want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment